Saturday, June 11, 2016

Catrice "Net Works" nail polishes

Hey everyone,

Let me start off with something negative, 'cause that's always fun: I'm kinda confused by this limited edition. I will go into more detail at the end, for now let's see the shades.

M-Ashy

I applied three coats and top coat. The color is nice, more or less a staple neutral. I'm thinking I found it a bit patchy, but I made no notes of that, so I'm afraid I can't tell you for sure.

Mashed Peach

Now this one I did note the patchiness of. I used three coats again, even considered a fourth due to the patches. Top coat helped hide them a bit, and I guess I should just really start using a good ridge-filling base coat.

Nude NETisfaction

Another neutral, though lighter and more rosy instead of brownish. Unfortunately, the formula was much the same for me as Mashed Peach's, where I applied three coats and considered four due to patchiness. Once again, top coat came to the rescue.

Mint Mashup

After the other polishes having been a bit of a letdown formula-wise, I tried changing up my routine here. I applied two coats, making sure that the second was thicker and thus could help with the patches. I added top coat, as usual.

Green NETtraction

I would recommend three to four coats for this, and make the final layer a thicker one. I personally apply quite thin coats, so I often need more to get the coverage others who apply thicker coats can get with less layers. I do enjoy the color and the subtle shimmer.

Now let me just kinda rant for a moment here. My gripe isn't even with the formula(s) of these, that's way too dependent on application method and all. I'm more confused by the concept of this LE. The two neutrals look very similar to one another (I nearly got them mixed up when I prepared this post), as do the mint/green shades. And then, right in the middle of it all, is a peach tone. What? In the end I don't really care, I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!